The Studio Building, built in 1926, was the first of its kind in Portland - a nine-story building featuring 128 rehearsal studios for musicians and actors. The adjacent Guild Theater was the original performance space for the musicians and artists who practiced in the Studio Building. Today, the upper 8 floors of the Studio Building are used as Class B office space while the ground level is occupied by Pastini, a local, Italian food restaurant chain. The Guild Theater is currently not occupied. Located in the heart of Portland and adjacent to Director Park, the Studio Building is within 2 blocks of Pioneer Courthouse Square, 1 block from the MAX lines, and 1/2 blocks from the Streetcar lines.