THE GUILD THEATER
Built in 1927, the Guild Theatre is the last single-screen movie theater in downtown Portland. Originally opened as the Taylor Street Theatre, it has operated as the Guild Theatre since 1948. The Guild was designed as a 450 seat recital hall for the musicians renting studio space in the neighboring Studio Building. Until the Guild was renovated in 1956 the entrance to the theater was through the Studio Building lobby off Taylor Street. After renovation the entrance was moved to 9th Street making the theater a reverse theater, the area that is now the lobby used to be the stage. The Guild Theater is located adjacent to Director Park with restaurants and retail just steps away. The building is currently vacant and available for development.